1) Researching. Through scholarship, I hope to offer insights into issues of the global economy and international relations. I try to show how different forces are operating in the world in my theoretical and empirical works, especially focusing on the economic and cultural dimensions. Also, I reveal the ills and injustice in global societies. An awareness of global injustice is the first step to making the world a better place.
2) Understanding. My scholarship aims to bring an understanding of the diversity of peoples, cultures and places around the world. At the same time, I try to find the common human conditions and sufferings that all people share. I hope such understanding will help us to take actions to tackle pressing issues and reduce conflicts between different peoples, countries and societies.
3) Sharing. I aim to disseminate my research findings, ideas, and reflections through publications and teaching. In addition, I also engage with the general public via public lectures, media and social media, as well as social events. I stick to the ideal of sharing with those who would like to listen.
4) Connecting. I want to be a bridge between different cultures, societies and countries, bringing them together. I build global connections with talented people around the world through conferences, joint-research projects and social events. Through collaboration and networking, I hope we can all grow together.
5) Inspiring. I aspire to bring more people to appreciate the beauty in life through music and learning about nature. I hope my works and music will inspire people, especially young people, to make the world more beautiful, peaceful and joyful.
6) Ameliorating. These aspirations to improve the world are followed by feasible and concrete actions. This way, we may not feel hopeless and helpless. I understand I cannot achieve these missions alone. I need to work with link-minded people. Thus, I welcome collaboration that will advance these goals.